As with any business the more you understand about your business and the more you’ve researched the experience of others the better you’ll do. YardVenture helps you with this by providing you with comprehensive training, connection to peers and lots of information so you can increase the profitability of your yard venture.
• 3 month online education course
• 1on1 coaching
• Phone, Skype or email consulting
You will have electronically delivered educational materials that cover the following subjects:
• Marketing plan
• Advertising and PR
• Inventory considerations
• Sales processes
• Add-on services to boost revenue
• Restocking & propagating
• Expansion and financing
• Selling your business
• Which plants the market is buying
• Where to connect with other professional gardeners
• Pros and cons of operational matters like hiring help, capital expenses, etc.
During the first 30 days after your nursery is installed you’ll have weekly consultations at your nursery with one of our master gardeners and be able to ask questions between appointments.
They’ll help you with all the details for taking care of your plants and equipment and you’ll learn all about:
• Irrigation and maintenance
• Individual plant characteristics and needs
• Latin names for proper identification
• Sun/shade management and plant location
• Weed, pest and disease control strategies
• Composting and feeding your plants
• Organic methods (recommended)
• Seasonal adjustments
Meanwhile the business and marketing side of the YardVenture team will be available by Skype, email or phone to help you with your business questions. You’ll make all the decisions,and hold the responsibility for your business, and… you’ll do it knowing you’re not alone.